February 23, 2010

a touch of spring fever

It's been a crazy, cold winter this year with more snow than I've seen in 10 years. I thought I was enjoying it until this past weekend when the temperatures shot up to the mid 60's. It was glorious! I got a bit of a sunburn hanging out on the back deck with a book watching the boys play...and roll down the driveway in a cardboard box.

rollingw875

We had 2 male hawks courting a female in the woods. They put on quite a display swooping down in front of us. Later that evening we saw these deer meandering down the road looking for nibbles.

006w


I took that photo through the boys' window with my macro lens. I tried sneaking outside to get closer, but Alex the tornado followed me and scared them away. I never tire of watching the wildlife around us, the 4 legged and especially the 2 legged blonde variety, and can't until Spring brings more sightings.

By the way, I think it's safe to say I failed in my '28 days of love' project. This has been a busy month for us. Rest assured though, there are at least 28 things I love about life right now :)

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown February 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Sounds like you had a peaceful week-end, love what you captured...so excited for spring to come too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP