February 23, 2010

a touch of spring fever

It's been a crazy, cold winter this year with more snow than I've seen in 10 years. I thought I was enjoying it until this past weekend when the temperatures shot up to the mid 60's. It was glorious! I got a bit of a sunburn hanging out on the back deck with a book watching the boys play...and roll down the driveway in a cardboard box.

rollingw875

We had 2 male hawks courting a female in the woods. They put on quite a display swooping down in front of us. Later that evening we saw these deer meandering down the road looking for nibbles.

006w


I took that photo through the boys' window with my macro lens. I tried sneaking outside to get closer, but Alex the tornado followed me and scared them away. I never tire of watching the wildlife around us, the 4 legged and especially the 2 legged blonde variety, and can't until Spring brings more sightings.

By the way, I think it's safe to say I failed in my '28 days of love' project. This has been a busy month for us. Rest assured though, there are at least 28 things I love about life right now :)

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Melissa February 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Sounds like you had a peaceful week-end, love what you captured...so excited for spring to come too!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP