September 27, 2010

off with his head! a tragic tail, er tale

During the evening round up of all things necessary for a little boy's bedtime I was having trouble locating Charlie. You may remember Charlie from this post. Charlie has survived many battles with only minor battle scars. Sadly on this evening I was afraid he had finally lost the war, I found Charlie in the basement...beheaded and gutted.

charliebefore
(disclaimer-photo taken with cell phone and quickly hidden before Ben could witness the carnage)


I don't know what it is about dogs and little boy's lovies but Otto is just as bad, if not worse about stealing them than Kojak was. It's almost to the point of OCD with him.

I dreaded breaking the news to Ben as I knew in doing so it would break his heart. It went as horribly as I thought and we both shed tears. Him for the loss of his best friend and me the hole left in my little boy's heart. Being a mother really hurts sometimes.

After he went to bed I pulled out Charlie's remains for further inspection. Someone had given me the idea of reattaching him with a collar. So I dug through my ribbon stash and stayed up until 2am performing the reattachment and restuffing surgery by hand. Have I mentioned before that I am not a seamstress? I did the best I could, and in the end it turned out better than I thought it would. I snuck Charlie under Ben's arm when I went to bed.

The next morning Ben woke up flying down the hallway to show me how Charlie had shown up in his bed overnight. The huge smile on that boy's face was worth the bags I had under my eyes from staying up too late fixing him.

He may not look perfect, but to a 6yo's heart he is everything. And Curious George? Georgie is Alex's bedtime lovey and best friend, and yet another victim of Otto's jaws. He had to have a button cover for the small hole Otto ate in his face.

011web



I think I may need to stock up on more needle and thread, or perhaps a muzzle for Otto?

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown September 28, 2010 at 5:00 PM  

Naughty Otto! Glad you were able to save both lovies for the boys :) Nicely done!

Amy @ Journey Mum September 28, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

I think I've been semi-lucky so far that neither of my kids has developed a serious attachment to any particular toy. I imagine it has some benefits, and then some negatives! That is some quick thinking on your behalf!

Unknown October 4, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

You're such a good momma!!! ♥

Lori P October 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

Oh my gosh - what a good mother you are. It reminds me of my son's curious george. He's 21 and I think he still has it hidden somewhere for safekeeping. Poor george had his own language and has been through more adventures than the real Curious George! So sweet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP