October 26, 2010

spooktacular

I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday that falls during my favorite time of year. I have such fond memories of Halloween as a child and I think that's why I get so excited. I have vivid memories of walking the neighborhood with my friends going door to door begging for candy....and as I got older playing tricks on the one day of the year that it was okay to do so. Now I get to watch my kids get excited over their costumes, decorations, scary movies and candy begging.

We took a trip to a local pumpkin farm last weekend to pick out our pumpkins. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have the ginormous pumpkins from the years past for sale, but it's probably just as well. Carving two normal sized pumpkins is plenty of work.

032eweb


The pumpkin patch had plenty of activities (for the right price) to keep a boy busy including a pumpkin hunt, slides, animals, and a corn maze.

026eweb

067eweb

048eweb

104eweb

115eweb


Alex enthusiastically took chase in the corn maze until he realized there was no easy end. Then he freaked out a bit and had to be carried out.

We pulled out the decorations and carved the pumpkins up.

012eweb

054eweb


Ben wanted his pumpkin carved with the face of the Night Fury from "How to Train Your Dragon", his new favorite movie. He drew it up for me and I carved it out. He did pretty good! Alex got the traditional triangle shapes (not pictured because I actually had to finish it the next day since we ran out of time).

Hard to tell but there spiders hanging down by ribbon all along the top of the porch. I've been semi successful in keeping Alex from pulling them down or the kitties batting them around.

049eweb


In another couple of hours will start the madness of Halloween weekend as there are many activities planned all weekend long. I hope you all have a spooktacular time! :)

0 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP