December 6, 2010

recent shopping experiences and suggestions

I just wanted to share a couple of places I've done business with recently, including several customized orders. Help support an individual artist this holiday season and check them out! Enjoy the benefits of a unique gift and a personalized customer service experience that you won't find at large department store chains.

Studio Waterstone

Her bags are handcrafted from recycled materials (leather, wool, etc), top quality, and absolutely stunning!

I would be instantly converted to a full time bag carrier for this one. I am truly, madly, deeply in love with that bird!



I did have her make me a custom key holder pouch. Since I don't typically carry much other than my cell phone, debit card, and driver's license I really don't need a large bag. I LOVE what she came up with! It's perfect for my needs...that is until I can justify that red bag above ;)




Hypo Alley

Hypo Alley makes hypoallergenic jewelry from titanium and swarovski crystals. And even though I do not have any allergies I was intrigued by her designs and fabulous prices. I needed a replacement ring for my wedding band until I can drop a pesky 15 lbs (see gratitude post regarding hubby's culinary skills) so I picked up this ring from her...



I had her replace the multi colored jewel with red ones, because red means love you know. And well, I like red. The ring is so pretty, extremely light weight, and I love to look at the sparkle of the crystals. Her customer service was extraordinary! Within minutes of placing my order I got an email welcoming me to her shop as if we were old friends.

Eclectic Gallery

Do you have a laptop? Want to personalize, fancy it up? Well Eclectic Gallery offers some pretty awesome decals! I found the Star Trek fleet emblem in their shop for the boy's Christmas present this year (shhhh!). Since it's only a 10" netbook I contacted the shop with the dimensions and desire to cover up the brand name. They responded immediately with a mock up of the decal. Once approved it was sent right out. The boy is going to be SO excited!



(*note to self, wipe off greasy fingerprints before the elves wrap it up)

They have really cute and funny decals specific for Macbooks. I wish I had one just so I could get a decal for it. Who am I kidding, I have been coveting a Macbook long before I saw the decals.

And a special thanks to PC Copilots for making the nerbook a possibility!

Kelley's Beads

My dear friend Kelley makes lampwork beads, a pretty awesome process involving glass and fire. I love the color and design combos she comes up with. I often tell her that looking at her beads makes me want to learn how to make jewelry just so that I can play with them. Luckily, she also makes jewelry so I know that one day she'll teach me. But in the meantime you can browse her jewelry shop here. I have personally fondled this necklace and pondered slipping it into my pocket on my way out of the door, but didn't for fear of not being invited back for Mississippi Mud cake...



Happy shopping!

P.S. I am not being reimbursed for endorsing these artists, just sharing the love :)

4 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown December 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

I love the Waterstone bags, too! Lori does wonderful work.

Thanks for mentioning me and my beads. That necklace just sold and they left notes they saw it here. :) You rock!

Lori P December 7, 2010 at 7:20 AM  

Aw shucks, thanks Tabitha! I'm so glad you're loving the pouch. Looks like I'm in pretty good company, too. I'm honored!

Tracy HypoAlley December 7, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

HELLO AGAIN TABITHA!!!! My dear! I was wandering the web and was so pleased to find your mention of my little studio, HypoAlley! Just for the record....YOU WERE JUST AS FANTABULOUS TO WORK WITH TABITHA! :) Have a great day and again...I am so happy you are enjoying the ring :)Pssttt...Look at your email later today for a little SURPRISE ~wink wink~

Amy @ Journey Mum December 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Love the bag store! I have a few pieces from a brand called espe that are very similar, but I love being able to support people vs. a company. Definitely an etsy store to keep in mind!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP