January 28, 2011

project 365/28 ~ mammy

28/365


Mammy. She was my grandmother. She was a 4 ft, 80 lb white woman and as far as I know, she never wore a handkerchief on her head. I'm not sure why we called her Mammy, but we all did.

Mammy loved to collect thimbles. I remember going on vacations and picking out a souvenir thimble to bring back to her. Her friends and other family would too. I am now the proud owner of her thimbles. It is quite a large collection with thimbles from all over the world. It's nice to look through them and realize how many people thought of her, how many lives she touched.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of her passing. I miss her.

0 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP