March 25, 2011

bathroom makeover ~ the big reveal!

Can you here me squealing with delight? It's done, it's done! I am beyond happy with the result. It turned out exactly as I envisioned it when I first took on the project. And I am so proud that I did every single bit of the work all by myself (other than hanging the light fixture, I don't like playing with electricity).

If you need a refresher on the before with the drywall white walls, eighties colored cabinets complete with faux brass (aka plastic) handles, and the most stunning hideous light fixture ever see this post.

Ta-Da! the after...

007eweb

002eweb

I had to use my cell phone to get a full view photo
032411112226eweb


I'm still tweaking the final decor. I found some huge antique wooden spools today that I will put on the left side of the tub for candle holders along with some plants. I also want to hang a few of my nature prints on the wall. I will hit the fabric store on payday to look for material to make a curtain. I am thinking of possibly a deep gold/mustardy yellow accented with black to give a different pop of color in the room, just haven't decided if it will be a valance or full curtain yet.

Then we have the opposite side with the cabinets...

009eweb

016eweb

again, full view taken with cell phone to fit it all in
032411112350eweb


The cabinets were a ton of work that took a long time to finish but it was so worth it! I love how when I distressed it parts of the wood and the gray primer show through. I will eventually replace the drawer pulls to match the cabinet knobs, but for thrifty sake I went with the cheaper bulk package for right now. I still need to replace the sinks and the faucets whenever it is financially feasible. I am also deciding how to proceed with the cabinet top. I'm not crazy about it, but it's tolerable for now. At least the light fixture is gone, gone, gone! We won't discuss why it can't be hung in the middle, grrrr.

I have my jewelry box hanging and absolutely love it! Here's a couple of other mini projects I made for the room...

candle sconces made with reclaimed wood and vintage blue mason jars that flank the picture window
018eweb

shampoo dispenser made with vintage blue mason jar and old lotion container pump
021eweb


That's it! I have taken a couple of baths already and it feels so tranquil and peaceful, just what I wanted :)

5 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Unknown March 26, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Beautiful! and so peaceful, which is exactly what you want when your relaxing in a tub like that! Have a great week-end!

Anonymous March 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

You did a great job. I know it was a tremendous undertaking so now just enjoy soaking and relaxing! You are very talented. Lorraine

Unknown March 29, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

WOW!! I am so incredibly impressed! Awesome job!

Amy @ Journey Mum April 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

Oh my, it is stunning!! Our bathroom reno is on hold, it's usable but not complete. I love your room!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road April 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM  

Just came across your blog when searching for mason jar inspiration. I love what you've done with your bathroom. It looks amazing! I especially love the mason jar hanging and the jewelry box. Nicejob!

Come visit me at A Simply Klassic Home if you can!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP