March 16, 2011

thrifty makeover

jewelry holder


I scored this old wooden crate at the thrift store for $3. Thanks to inspiration from a link found on Pinterest and materials I had around the house I transformed it into a jewelry holder. I started by whitewashing it the same color as the bathroom wall (a robin's egg blue, hard to tell since I didn't wait until better lighting to take a picture). Then I added some vintage wooden spools I had picked up several years ago to hang necklaces and bracelets on. I strung wire across the top to hold earrings and anklets. Ta-da! Now even if I am not wearing my jewelry I can still see it. I have some friends that make jewelry and their pieces are too pretty to be kept locked away in a box somewhere.

P.S. I am no longer titling my posts with "project 365" because I am just too far behind to keep up the pretense. I do vow however to stay on top of current posts as best I can.

3 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

Vicki C March 16, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

Ok.. LOVE it ..and esp how you use the wooden spools!

Lorelei Eurto March 17, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Freakin BRILLIANT! Thank you for this post- I never thought to do that, and i HAVE some of those wooden boxes, that would be perfect!

melina bee April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM  

that's cute, easy to personalize, too. I like most of all that it could stand alone so I could make one to use at craft shows. Like some of your friends, I also make jewelry and found your remarks so endearing, I hope to earn that kind of praise from my own friends.

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP