April 17, 2011

sightings and taking the time to see them

The other day I was looking out the window, half in a daydream when I saw a dog walking up the road. Then I did a double take and realized it wasn't a dog, it was a fox! Walking up the road! Right in front of me!

067eweb


I am sure you can appreciate that I fell all over myself trying to grab the camera and snap a few pictures. Too bad I scared him off in my blunderings and this was the best picture I got.

Still, what an amazing experience. Shortly afterwards I watched the neighbor leave for the day, presumably on the way to work. I wondered....did she have a clue that a fox just ran through her yard? And if not, what a shame. How blessed am I that I could witness such a thing. But really, does anyone ever take the time to stop and look around them at the multitude of small miracles surrounding them?

like these mating Promethea moths I saw on a photo session with a client
006eweb


or noticed these unfurling ferns growing wild in our woods?
008eweb


or witnessed a happy little inch worm, inching along
062eweb


or let a caterpillar tickle their finger?
097eweb


or found beauty in the tiniest of weeds?
195eweb700


I know I sometimes forget to stop and look around, so this is just as much a reminder to me as it is to you.

1 thanks for stopping by, i love comments!:

kelleysbeads May 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM  

I love what you do with your macro lens!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Blog List

Followers

Search This Blog

living in the moontime

About This Blog

IMG_4695w
I'm a mom with a camera that loves exploring the world around me through my macro lens...and of course showing off my handsome little men.
There was an error in this gadget

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Sorpotel Recipe

Back to TOP